MOULDS FOR EPS / EPP / THERMOFORMING
QUALITY, PARTNERSHIP, TECHNOLOGY have always been our cornerstones. Our MISSION is to be a constant point of reference for our customers in carrying out every project, especially the most innovative and the most complex.
WHO WE ARE
COMEL was founded in 1979 by 7 partners who took over a previous production activity that was already operating in the sector of the construction of the first, pioneering moulds for EPS. Having always favoured, in our growth path, technological innovation and active collaboration with our customers to find together the best answer to their requests, what sets us apart is our ability to provide special solutions to very complex moulds in every field of application. These aspects, as well as the strong international vocation and the passion for this work, are our strengths and values. This always accompanied us and will be a guide for the future, we are convinced that this is, together with our many years of experience, the only way to maintain excellence in the sector and to achieve ever better results in terms of reliability and quality.
Product quality / Cutting-edge technology / Experience
The technical aspects that distinguish us
- All the moulds are made from an aluminum block, with very limited use of casting parts. This allows us a better control of the moulds’ materials quality and a better mechanical resistance of the finished product.
- Particular attention is paid to the assembly of the various parts making up the mould. This is aimed to make it easy to disassemble the mould, maintain and clean the various components of the mould itself, or to replace its parts in case of breakage, wear or necessary modifications (the spare parts or new parts’ replacement can also be made by the customer without returning the mould to Comel, since each component of the mould is digitalized).
- All parts subject to friction and/or sliding are protected or separately inserted so to locally achieve greater wear resistance, and possibility of replacement (examples of inserted parts are sliding parts for stepless moulds, seats for web inserts on ICF moulds, etc.).
- Pneumatic (or hydraulic) undercut movements are always made with cylinders placed outside the steam chambers.
- Possibility of steaming with multiple solutions i.e., any type of steaming core vents on the market, micro-holes, wedge wire, vaporization by laser cuts, or porous material.
- Special moulds for parts with stepless variable thicknesses, created by means of a tested system of gearmotor, chains and pinions, with the possibility of interfacing with the PLC of the machine itself or with the supply of an autonomous control unit for determining the requested thicknesses (including creation of layers or sections with double density, or double colour).
- Monoblock technology moulds, equipped with steam chambers suitably sized according to the moulded part, for low steam consumption per cycle. The Monoblock structure is generally in nickel-plated steel or aluminum.
- Creation of an almost infinite range of surface finishes using laser technology, textures can be chosen from our catalogue or can be reproduced from existing or new finishes.
Possibility of making any type of surface coating with Teflon and anodizing (even with different colours), nickel coating, nickel + Teflon coating, chrome plating, hard anodizing, mirror-polishing.
- A milling department equipped with high-speed 3,4 and 5-axis machining centres as well as a special lathe machine for both turning and milling activities, which allow us extreme accuracy in terms of processed surface quality and excellent results even in the case of very small decorations or details. Maximum working range 3.200×2.000×1.000.
Come and visit us at our next events.
Company with UNI EN ISO 9001/2015 certified quality system
Certified management system